There is a growing interest in using theater improv strategies to build skills associated with emotional intelligence, communication, teamwork, and leadership. In general this is referred to as ‘applied improv’ and has been around for many years. The subspecialty that is emerging in healthcare is referred to as Medical Improv. There is much potential for using this teaching tool because the skills are critical for patient safey, patient experience, workforce health, and cost-effectiveness. Scroll down to check out latest and upcoming presentations.Learn how you can facilitate Medical Improv sessions for your staff! Click To Tweet
Check out the Medical Improv train-the-trainer book or contact or Beth Boynton, RN, MS to discuss customizing a workshop for your organization.
- Risk Management by Design: The Practice of Building Trust through Experiential Activities that Promote Respectful Communications, 9 Hour train-the-trainer event x 3 for Spring Education with ECRI Institute scheduled for April/May 2018.
- Medical Improv for Licensed Nurse Assistants & Medical Assistants: An Effective Strategy for Building Interpersonal Skills- A Full day open event/workshop scheduled for March 2018 with Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. (Event flyer.)
- Developing Emotional Intelligence & Communication Skills, Art of Nursing 2018 (Continuing education event recorded January 2018).
- Medical Improv: An Effective Strategy for Developing Critical Interpersonal Skills November, 2017, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
- Medical Improv: An experiential teaching strategy for developing critical interpersonal skills associated with patient safety, patient experience, workforce health, & cost-effectiveness! Endnote for National Aging Services Risk Management Annual Conference, October, 2017.
- Medical Improv: An Exciting Way to Improve Communication, New England Holistic Nursing 7th Annual Conference, September 14, 2017.
- Medical Improv: A New Way to Develop Emotional Intelligence, Promote Patient-centered Care, & Build Positive Inter-professional Relationships. International Nursing Symposium, Security Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. April 10 & 11, 2017.
- Introducing Medical Improv: An Experiential Teaching Method for Improving Communication, Collaboration, & Leadership, Rutgers Medical School, December, 8, 2016.
- Medical Improv to Improve Healthcare Communication & Collaboration, General Session for 26th Annual New England Regional Healthcare Risk Management Conference, May 1, 2016.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org about workshops and bulk rates for Med Improv book.